- Are you working in the health or social care sectors and thinking of starting a doctorate?
- Would you like to explore the different routes available to you?
- Are you wondering how to find a supervisor or doctoral programme that’s right for you?
- Are you questioning whether or not you will be ‘good enough’ to study at this level?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above questions then keep reading.
Last year Rob Young and I published the Friendly Guide So You Want to do a Doctorate. The guide is aimed at health professionals considering embarking upon a doctorate. It explores some of the questions that, from our experience, people often ask when thinking of starting a doctorate. It is informed by my experience of supervising health professionals undertaking doctoral level study and supporting the development of numerous early career researchers.
There has been a lot of interest in the guide and it has been downloaded hundreds of times. However, whilst reading a resource is a great starting place it often raises other questions. There is something even better about joining a conversation with likeminded people. Having the opportunity to raise the questions that came into your mind as you read. Sharing experiences, doubts and excitement with people who understand what is calling you.
To provide an opportunity to dive deeper I’m launching a new online programme Stepping into Doctoral Study. The programme is designed to provide you with the opportunity to explore some of the questions above and more.
Here’s the great thing you can do it from the comfort of your home or workplace, no need to ask for study leave, plan overnight accommodation or dole out for the cost of travel.
Are you interested?
The programme will be delivered, over 3 consecutive weeks, via Zoom which you can join from your computer, laptop, iPad or smart phone. It comprises:
- A series of 3 interactive video conferences each lasting 1 hour
- A workbook with activities to support you in exploring your options and choices
- A copy of So You Want to do a Doctorate (if you don’t already have one)
- The offer of a 30 minute 1:1 coaching conversation with me, at the end of the programme, to support you in formulating your thinking into a course of action.
The practical questions
The group will be kept small to provide the opportunity for everyone to participate.
The programme is being run twice – once on a Tuesday, starting on 27th February from 4-5pm and once on a Thursday, starting on 8th March from 7.30 – 8.30pm.
As this is a new programme the cost of participating is at a special introductory price of £45.
If you would like further information or would like to register for the programme please complete and submit the form below.